Operable Glass Skylight
Custom sizes and shapes available to meet your specific needs
Let fresh air in and moist, stale air out of your home with the Tam Operable Skylight. Ventilation improves the quality of the air in your home. We recommend installing our operable skylights whenever possible.Find a Dealer
Anodized Aluminum Outer Frame -Exclusive ball & socket continuous hinge system
- TIG welded corners ensure strength and prevent water leakage
- Available in a beautiful bronze or clear anodized finish
- Anodized aluminum finish prevents corrosion and provides durability and stability of color: no fading, peeling or cracking
PVC Vinyl Frames
- Fusion welded corners ensure strength and prevention of water leakage
- No condensation or sweating
- Attractive white interior finish
- Ultraviolet stabilized; made to last
- Maintenance free and scratch-free, no need to repaint
- Removable bug screen
Double Pane Tempered Safety Glass
- Glass units are dual-sealed to prevent moisture in between the panes
- Available with Low-E glass, argon gas filled for maximum energy efficiency and filters out harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Available with laminated glass to meet certain building codes, reduce sound transmission and filter out up to 99% of harmful Ultraviolet (UV) rays
- Available in frosted white or clear obscured glass for privacy and soft lighting
- Custom colored glass or designs available
Manual or Electric Opening
- Manual chain opening mechanism is standard
- Manual extension poles available for out of reach areas
- Electric motor is available with rain sensor and remote control
- All openers have a white or dark brown finish to the outer casing
Many Standard Sizes
- Custom sizes and shapes available. Contact us to get started
Don’t rely on homemade flashing that might leak and look unfinished. Instead, install our pre-fabricated Flashing Kits. There is no bending or cutting involved and all our Flashing Kits are designed for an easy leak-proof installation. Made of dark brown steel, our Flashing Kits will give your skylight project a crisp, professional finish every time that will last for years.
- 25ga Dark Brown painted Steel
- Pre-fabricated top and bottom Aprons
- Step Flashings for the sides
- Each Step Flashing interwoven with a layer of roofing to prevent water infiltration
- Designed for Shingle, Shake or Composition roofing material
- Minimum 3:12 pitch
- Contact us for custom-sized flashing kits
Truth Skylight Operator Instruction & Adjustment Guide
Congratulations on your purchase of a TAM Operable Skylight. Please follow the below instructions for proper installation:
- Install the skylight onto the curb according to the instructions located in the hardware packet.
- After installation of the skylight, make sure the skylight is seated properly on to the lower frame of the unit. See Fig.1
- Make sure the chain exit is against the bottom of the sash bracket, Fig.1. Hold the skylight operator on wall with chain exit centered on the sash bracket. Mark location of the operator on curb. Now mount the operator on to the wall, 1/16" lower from where you marked it. Use #10 x 1-3/4" screws provided to mount the unit.
- Pass the chain through the bug screen and slide the chain into sash bracket. Slide sash pin through sash bracket and chain, to hold chain in place.
- Mount either Hook adapter or Handle adapter onto the operator and tighten.
- Raise and lower skylight fully, making sure there is no interference with bug screen. Make sure skylight seals completely when closed.
DOWNLOAD DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS